NABCEP PV Installation Professional Exam Prep Course
The NABCEP Photovoltaic (PV) Installation Professional Certification Exam Preparation Course will prepare you to pass the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Exam. The self-study course is available to you for one year so you can work and prepare at your own pace.
- 70 Question NABCEP PV Installation Exam Practice Test
- Downloadable Study Materials
- 5 module course:
- Instructor Introduction: Video training and overview of NABCEP PV Installer Resource Guide (2013), NABCEP PV Job Task Analysis, 2010 Field Inspection Guidelines for PV Systems, A Guide to Photovoltaic System Design and Installation and PV Math by John Wiles.
- Module 1: Video, Code Compliant Conductor Sizing parts 1-4, MP3 Audio Training, Overview of National Electrical Code parts 1-14
- Module 2: Introduction, Trigonometry Review, Voltage Temperature Calcs parts 1-6, MP3 Audio Training, Article 690 parts 1-7, Article 705 - Interconnections, National Electrical Code (NEC) parts 1-3
- Module 3: Assignment #1, Take 70 Question Practice Exam, Data for Questions 41-45 and explanation of answers 1-25, MP3 Audio Training
- Module 4: National Electrical Code (NEC) Overview, Practice Exam and explanation of answers 26-50, NABCEP Study Guide for Photovoltaic System Installers with 92 Practice Questions (2009), Assignment #2 and MP3 Audio Training
- Module 5: Overview of Section 690 of National Electrical Code (NEC), Assignment #3 and explanation of answers 51-70
About your Instructor:
The course is taught by Dr. Sean White. Dr. White was the 2014 IREC Clean Energy Trainer of the Year. He is an ISPQ Certified Solar PV Master Trainer and has authored several books on solar. He contributed to the development of the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Job Task Analysis and has been a member of the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Technical Committee. Sean is a highly-experienced PV educator with thousands of hours teaching entry level, intermediate, and advanced PV classes at solar training centers throughout the world. Many hundreds of his students are employed at both startup and leading solar companies. Sean also designs commercial and residential PV systems.
Please note: You'll need to purchase a copy of "Solar PV Engineering and Installation" (2015) to use in this course.
Eligibility: Before registering for this course, please contact NABCEP directly to verify that you qualify to sit for the NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification exam. Download the NABCEP Candidate Handbook.
Limited Enrollment: This course is limited to 30 seats.